The official course guide for the American Red Cross Wilderness and Remote First Aid course.
- Based on the 2010 Boy Scouts of America Wilderness First Aid Curriculum and Doctrine Guidelines
- Great for scouts, outdoor enthusiasts, or people who work in a remote environment
- Learn how to respond to over 25 first aid emergencies when help may be delayed
- Includes skills sheets for performing CPR, and responding to both conscious and unconscious choking
Wilderness and Remote First Aid Emergency Reference Guide is a 113 page manual for use in the course and serves as an important emergency reference guide after training is complete.
Topics covered include:
- Altitude Illnesses
- Shock and Heart Attack
- Snow Blindness
- Wounds and Wound Infection, and many more
The accompanying Pocket Guide is a handy 8-panel (front and back), fold-out first aid reference specifically designed for use in the field.
- Compact and lightweight
- Fits easily into a pocket of a shirt, cargo pants, or a backpack
- Weather- and tear-resistant